Sunday, 29 June 2014

Updated Skincare: Normal/Combo Skin

These last few months I've splurged on a few little skincare bits, spending money on skincare however does not make me feel bad when it's benefiting my face. Fighting breakouts has never been an issue for me, the one or two a month doesn't affect my skin and currently it's pretty normal with the odd dry and oily area. This means I get to try a lot of different things as long as it doesn't contain alot of cucumber which makes my skin freak out. 
Here's a little update on a few things I've been loving recently, whether it's worth the price tag and if I'd repurchase it in the future.



Origin's Never A Dull Moment: £25 Selfridges
This is a thick exfoliate, not harsh or nasty to scrub on - by thick I mean that's its in like a guillotine formula were you have to really warm it up and plaster this on, it's orange in colour so be warned you may look tangoed. It has large and small grans to work into your skin and when you add water it goes into a creamy lovely soothing solution so it's easy to wash away - the formula really makes your skin feel hydrated but don't be fooled this is not a cleansing balm, this would be so horrible on the eyes. It's scent is.. a strange one - think medicine.. calpol or night nurse. But you get used to that. It's a nice change in the morning from my Soap and Glory Scrub Your Nose In It, I love all Origin's skincare and I am yet to be disappointed by something. 

Balance Me Cleanse And Smooth Balm: £20 Debenhams
I have one complaint, god I hate the smell of this, I really can't quite explain why I loathe it so much. However the product is fantastic, I can get past the smell when it's a alternative to the Emma Hardy Cleansing Balm at £36 a pop I'd much rather spend £20 for something that smells.. questionable and works exactly the same. As far as cleansing balms go, this is one of the bests and with good ingredients however this one does have a few beads to exfoliate.

Keihl's Creamy Eye Treatment 14ml: £20 Selfridges
I did buy the smaller of the two, this also comes in a 28ml tub, however the 14ml will last me at least a year, as very little goes a long way with this, it's incredibly hydrating and absorbs slowly to really work into the skin. My eyes are no longer dry, I can also get away with no concealer.. which is kind of a big deal. 

Keihl's Midnight Recovery: £36 Selfridges 
It's expensive and I don't know if there's any dupes but last week this turned my dull dry, stressed skin into normal radiant skin. Dry patches completely gone, hyper pigmentation gone. The rumors are true.. everyone needs this in their life. 

Thankyou,
Byeee

2 comments:

  1. I spend loads on skin care...thats the one area in my routine where quality prodects are a must. The orgins exfoliater sounds really good...apart from the smell. The midnight recovery cream also sounds really good.

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes if you don't mind the smell it's briliant - i actually can get over it on the back it does say that it's made with mangos and stuff.. sadly I cannot smell that! haha!

      Devon x

      Delete