Monday, 10 February 2014

The Hopeful Spring Edit: Lips and Cheeks

As much as the winter is pushing it away, spring is on it's way, while last month most beauty brands released their limited edition spring collections those of us who missed out can work with the newer and older stuff in our collection. If you live in England, you know all to well there has been some terrible weather making it seem that spring can't come sooner. 
I am slowly bringing in some more spring appropriate make up, while keeping some of the darker more winter trends. 

I finally brought my Naked3 palette, so while I'm still making around with that one.. I'll start with lips and cheeks. Revlon brought out some new stuff this new year including new lip products and cheek products. I only brought two - A matte balm in Standout, a dark red but looks beautiful sheered out, Sadly I wouldn't wear it quite as bold as it's meant to be, but some girls can rock it. The new matte and lacquer balms are £7.99 each in boots and super drug. I have yet to try the lacquer balms, but the matte balms are comfortable and definitely long lasting with a staining effect. My other lip crayon choice is the Urban Decay Supersaturated lipstick in Scandal a deep pink with a glossy effect because of glitter within the formula however this one is not uncomfortable and the glitter does go away as your lipstick wears off. 

My two lipstick choices are from Mac, in my eyes the perfect pastel inspired colours to go with any look I do. Vegas Volt, one of my newest shades is a coral shade but comes off a pastel orangey shade because my lips are fairly dark, its a creamy consistency and can look flattering on most if not all skin tones. (Amplified formula) My other choice is Crosswires in the tube looks like a beautiful rose shade, on me this comes off a really warm bright pink. (Cremesheen Formula)


My blush picks are two very different shades and formula's, the first is Revlon's new powder blush in Haute Pink, this is a really beautiful blush, it adds the most simple yet elegant glow to the cheeks kinda of like you've been pinched by the wind. Great with any look. My next pick is Stila's Convertable colour in Rose, these double as cheek and lip stains/colour but this is especially beautiful on the cheeks. Worn right this looks like you've been out in the snow, it adds a very natural flush, but you do have to be careful because this is a cream product you can pick up too much colour making you look clown like; if you make this mistake take the applicator you used for foundation and buff out the sides. 


Thank you for reading,


What are your spring picks?

No comments:

Post a Comment