Sunday, 22 September 2013

City of Bones - Cassandra Clare

Book One from a series - The Mortal Instruments. 

Still unfinished with a few chapters /no spoilers please.


Although I was first attracted to this when I saw the Trailer for the film - it took me ages to even find the book, I got it at a discounted store for £1.99 which is too little, the book itself before the film was not advertised well considering how well written and amazing the book is. 
Clare is fabulous writer who leaves you wanting more at the end of each chapter, I cannot get enough of this book, and I cannot wait to read the second. I did watch the film because I am close to the end of the book however luckily.. the film spoils nothing.. I think you should definitely read the book before hand, the film itself does not capture the intensity of the characters and does not include important scenes. Although they are not mimicking the book completely, it does not help invent the characters within your head if the characters within the film are complete opposites to the characters within the book for instance - Clary had Red hair, her hair is a darker shade within the Book simple things like this do make a difference I feel even if they are pathetic. Although I enjoyed the film I thought the book was far better and should of been appreciated more without the outcome from advertise from the film itself. 
However, based on the film - the character choice for Clary was good, Lily Collins is good actress for such a young actress. 

I would like to know if Clare has written other series or books other than this because, although not a huge fan of science fiction and thriller I actually am enjoying this a lot. (I never liked Romance/thriller/sifi books like Twilight or Vampire Diaries.) I think this series gives a whole other look on Teen horrors which are more symbolized by blood thirsty lusting vampires and forbidden loves. It brings a great look at others forms of horror, old wives tails and myths all in one EPIC book. 

If you like things like Supernatural and Twilight you'll like this, Stephanie Meyer the author of Twilight has written on this book if you are interested. But beware.. if you haven't read the book before the film.. and if you've watched the film... go pick up the book! 

Cassandra Clare's Website


To check out the film


Until Tomorrow,
Byeeee





No comments:

Post a Comment