Monday, 5 August 2013

Lets Talk Lipsticks.

I'm going to show you all my ever so small lipstick collection - I don't have a lot because i only wear lipsticks when I'm going out or if I'm doing something during the day - I'm more of a balm, stain and gloss girl - So i'm slightly more natural. I have literally just realized that because I have fair skin - Red's suit me. I go for more Pinks anyway - I have two reds.. and i only like one of them. And I thought because mondays have been more eyeshadow palette based I'll give you something different. 


 I have swatched them all for you and going to go through them in eights fours - In this picture I have the first eight. 
Ignore the others for the time being. 


1) Maybelline Colour Sensational in 916 Neon red - I brought this and swatched it, but it just doesn't look good on my lips at all. I think I'm going to try and make it work somehow though, it may take time - However this is a orange red, it's not so much as 'neon' maybe suits darker skin tones more. 
2) Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick Kate 01 - I wish this had a real name.. I can't find it though and it's my new favorite thing. I love the Rimmel formula for lipsticks and they seem to smell and taste good - they do not bleed and last a long while. 
3) Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick Kate 101 - This is my most used pink and even my friends have stolen this one - I got recommended to use this by a friend and I'm so happy i did - It's a mauvey pink so not too bright and not too dark. 
4) Rimmel Lipstick - Pink Blush 006 - This is not by the kate line and have a bit of a sheen to it but it's also a great one that i use often. I think this is part of one of the first lines of lipstick Rimmel had before the Kate line. 

5) No7's Stay Perfect Coral Rose - This is just a really pretty coral/pink although they do not taste or smell of anything these lipsticks have always reminded me of my mum because she used to wear No7 when she was going out
6) Bourjois Colour Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick 02 Fuchsia Libre - This is my only true bright pink and I like it because it's not too dark or bright. These are like the Revlon lipbutters and just glide on. 
7) L'oreal Paris Causse 03 Lovely Rose - This is also a favorite and I just love this lipstick it's so perfect - just a classic pink, you can build it up or leave it slightly sheer. 
8) Revlon Lip Butter 090 Sweet Tart - This is just a pretty darker pink, it keeps your lips moisterised and sheer so it's nothing too dramatic. 


9) Revlon Lipbutter 047 Pink Lemonade - This is probably the sheerest of the group Revlon has, it's just a very baby pink which has a great balmy formula which just adds a sheer cover of colour. 
 10) Revlon Lip Butter 027 Juicy Papaya - I still don't know if I like this colour, I'm still learning how to wear it without anything too dramatic because it goes on with a slight orange look 
11) Models Co. Lip Liner - This sheers out nicely and is a good nude colour although i do think it looks slightly brown on me - I wear this with my Benefit Hoola Lipgloss. 
12) Bourjois Rouge Edition 06 Rose Coquette - This has a really pretty sheen to it, not glittery though, I use this to add a bit of glam to an outfit. 

13) No7 Lip Liner - This works the same as models co. except its a lot creamier. 
14) Rimmels 1000 Kisses 100 Endless Blossom - I love this, not only is it a stain, it has a balm on the other end to add a more glossy finished look .
15) Rimmels Apocalips 303 Apocalipitic - This is the brightest pink I have which works as a gloss and lipstick in one, I love sheering it out into a purply colour and wearing it as it is on nights out. 


Thankyou,
Byeee! 

7 comments:

  1. Great post!
    It would mean a lot if you were to check out my latest posts. My blog is cheapbutchicbeautyat.blogspot.com

    Thanks,
    Courtney x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool post, have you tried any MUA lipsticks before? Would be interested to hear how they compare to the brands you're using now :)

    http://dreamsofparisandpearls.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  3. No actually only tried MUA eyeshadow which I like. May try them actually :D thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated you for the Liebster Award. I look forward to read your response.

    http://forallthatbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/08/thank-you-charlotte-from-makeup-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou Crystal, I won't be doing another response but thankyou very much for nominating me :) it took me so long writing the first response xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Thanks for being so detailed! We're new followers! Love ur blog!
    Check out ours if you get a free minute! Thanks!

    www.twentythirtyglam.blogspot.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course i will, do you have bloglovin'

      Delete