Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Whats on my face #2

Hey guys, so i haven't posted recently and a monthly favorites will be up in the next day or two.. i've just been really busy working and cleaning the house while the parents are away. < It's super strange being completely by myself for a few nights.. at first i was a bit nervous but now i'm more relaxed although it is lonely.

I've had some skin problems recently and my t zone has gone really oily with some nasty dry patches around my nostrils which are actually quite painful and i need to wait until i get paid to put some beauty orders on Cultbeauty.com and Feelunique.com so just coping with what I've got. Keeping the make up all minimal because i don't want to breakout as well as get dry patches i kept the week's foundation as a light powder to just look less oily.

I started with my Jergens Ultra Healing moisterizer, this was after my normal morning skin routine simply because for my skin; this stuff is amazing.. i got this in a Marie Clare magazine which i purchase everyone month and as a sample this is huge and will last me a long time with the very little amount i use around my nose a few times a week. It also smells really fresh. I applied the Jemma Kidd primer, which is also a sample but works really well on my lids and pores to fill them.. it doesn't feel like a normal primer and is more like a gel which i prefer to the velvetty feeling primers like Pore-fessional by Benefit. Next i applied Natural Collections powdered foundation in shade Light Porcelain 001 this is a Boots home brand made with natural ingredients and not tested on animals, they also have some nice mascara's which need better credit. On my cheeks i applied the Bourjois Delice de Soleil bronzer - which unlike the chocolate one it has some slight shimmer in it to add a bit of highlight. For blush, i'm using body shop's blush, this does not have a colour however or i just can't find it.. although you need to build this up it lasts all day and it is a nice pink shade, i twinned this with the body shop blush brush which is so soft and nice to use although it is not visible in the picture. For concealer i use the Benefit Boi-ing in shade 01 which is the top one.. it is great coverage but sadly i still have not found a great under eye concealer as i have quite watery eye's everything goes a tad cakey - please leave some suggestions if you can. For eyeliner i'm using another Bourjous product and this eyeliner is kind of in a lipstick tude but work's great.. lasts all day and doesn't smudge. For mascara i'm using the Megaplush by Maybelline which is great for a nice natural look.  For eyeshadow i did something i never thought i'd do the palette above is a hello kitty one i received a long time ago although the shadows are pigmented and nice.. i never thought i'd use them; today i used to grey-ish colour.. which is nice and subtle. I use this palette to apple my makeup though.. because the mirror is big and now maybe i'll use the shadows.
The lip balm is just the body shop shea butter lip balm - super nice and works well.  


From top- left to right: The boi-ing concealer by Benefit as you can see i'm extremely pale and this blends nicely.. i got this in the How to look good at everything box palette (light) with another shade 02.. which is really orange on me and it's the light palette. The other swatch is the bronzer not blended.. i usually blow on my brush so there is very little product or i end up looking stupid and leathery. 
From bottom - left to right: The body shop blush, it's a beautiful baby doll pink and the other is the shadow i used today.. just the one colour nothing to complicated. 

Until next time, 

Byeee! 



1 comment: