Monday, 22 July 2013

Stila: In the light

Okay, todays the last of my palette posts for now - recently i purchased this palette from Stila. 
This palette is great if you love neutrals this is a great palette for you. For me I'm not too wild on colours like blues and stuff - and if I do it's only for a night out or such. I have really fair skin so if I did I'd look a bit strange. 
This palette is made up of mostly shimmery shades and four matte shades, it has a total number of 10 shadows and comes also with a waterproof smudgestick in Damsel - this is a dark brown and literally.. I went in the sea with it (it's totally waterproof) So great if you have hayfever, allergies or go to the beach a lot. 


Some of the shades have to be built up - this is colours like the fourth colour on top (Sandstone) and the first on the second row (Gilded Gold) I did not swatch the first colour in the palette (Bare) because it's obviously only a beige colour which can be difficult to show in swatch and it is only really a base. The rest of the colours are incredibly pigmented especially the shades Kitten and Bubbly. And some shades are very good for building up for the crease or outer corner like Sunset and Luster. 


My favorite colours from the palette have to be Kitten, which is their most sold shade, Sunset - which is like a roasted red/brown, its beautiful on the eyes but some people may stay away if it looks too orange on the skin. My most worn colour of the palette is probably Bubbly - which is a beautiful gold and goes well with Sandstone and the smudge stick. 

The smudge sticks in the palettes are incredibly good quality and do not have to be sharpened they are simply wind up/wind down ones which is already a bonus. They last all day and do not require reapplications. Each palette comes with a shade to match the palette itself - On my list next is the In the Garden palette which comes with a dark green.  In the UK these palettes cost around £25 varying by website. 

You can find Stila cosmetics on their website (UK Only): http://stila.co.uk/?gclid=CLPuuODmw7gCFTMctAodTCwADw
Sephora (USA): http://www.sephora.com/stila 


Until tomorrow, 
Byeeeeee!


P.s Sorry this post came up late. x

No comments:

Post a Comment