Friday, 19 July 2013

Face Masks for Sensitive Skin!

Hey guys, Today I thought I'd show you the masks I use for my skin - why they work well and maybe some I've tried which haven't worked well. 

So to start off with, I have dry and sensitive skin around my chin, cheeks and forehead area but on my nose it's oily - this is the only area which is oily because of my heritage, I have sensitive skin because I'm prone to getting eczema and other skin rashes however if I use the right products I have no problem with dry patches or itchy patches. I rarely have breakouts so I don't really use spot treatments unless I get hormonal breakouts. This is because I got a lot of my teenage hormonal breakouts in my first year of secondary school - so I was 11-12. And like the rest of my family we don't scar so I have no acne scars, I only have a few chicken rash scars from when I was little. Therefore, skincare that does not work for me are, clay masks and cream washes - clay masks tend to be to heavy on my skin and it feels like my skin is burning and will be extremely red afterwards. I've tried several cream washes also like the neutergena grapefruit cream wash but only the gentle wash works for me, my face felt like it was on fire when I used the cream wash. 
I've tried a few other masks which do not work for me one of them is the Michael Todd Pearl and Silk Mask, although this was gentle - it hurt so much. Products with rose or cucumber also do not work for me - I'm allergic to cucumber on my skin and rose just hurts. 


These are the face masks that work for me - although one of them smells slightly funky all three leave my skin feeling fantastic and so soft. I'll talk about each one individually - below are the products with a little glimpse on how they look with the packaging i'll also leave links to find them yourself. 


This is just one from superdrug, I talked about it in my product empties but this one has enough in it for another go - I use this when I'm being lazy and can't really be bothered to exfoliate my skin which i do on Sundays and Wednesdays. This stuff smells amazing and I love it - the link for this is in my previous product empties.  


Michael Todd - Avocado and Mango Mask - I got this in the sensitive regime for $85 for six products - I try to use this at least once a week on a Sunday mainly because that's my day of pampering - I love a good bath! It smells a bit weird but I love it and I'm glad that it's all organic and all the ingredients are good. This is good for my skin because it's dry and this is a hydrating mask it's at the price of £34.00 individually but the regimes have good deals at times. If you are living in the UK it does take around 15 days to arrive and the tracking system is a bit late but the products last ages and you are getting your moneys worth. 


Lush Cupcake Mask - Now this smells.. super strange but I really like it, the only annoying thing for me is that you have to keep it in the fridge and I get scared my dad will mistake it for chunky chocolate spread and eat it. So yes, it is a bit chunky but it means that when you wash it all it will exfoliate slightly as well - this just washes all the bad oils off your face and although I don't have it - helps teenage breakouts. I don't know if I'll repurchase because I may try some other face masks from lush because I like how they are made fresh, vegan and have no animal testing.  It costs £5.96 for a 75g pot - https://www.lush.co.uk/product/105/Cupcake-Fresh-Face-Mask


Anyway I hope that helped some of you and I hope you have a great day! 
Byeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment