Saturday, 13 July 2013

Book Review #1

Before I Go To Sleep - SJ Watson is a really enticing book, I found it in the horror section of my local waterstones although i still cannot understand why it was there. I'd say it's more of psychological thriller with a hint of mystery in there. 
It draws you in from the first paragraph and as you get more into the book you simply cannot put it down because there are so many plot twists in it. 

The book is based around a Woman named Christine (Chrissy) who has had a head injury which makes her forget everything from the present, past and future when she goes to sleep. She wakes up not knowing how old she is, who she is or who the man sleeping next to her is until her "husband" Ben wakes up and explains everything. Later that day when Ben has left for work she receives a phone call from doctor - who tells her about a diary she has kept.. 
But, you have to read it to find out what she finds out - after the first section it works from her first meeting with the doctor and so the plots twists begin! 

I really recommend this to anyone who is interesting in thrillers, memory, psychology and mystery - i read this just after my first year of psychology so it was really interesting. 
I haven't tried any of the other books the author has written - but he has a website and debuted in 2011 with this book - 
http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/s-+j-+watson/before+i+go+to+sleep/8606924/ -there is the link for book which has 30% off currently from £7.99 to £5.59.


Tomorrow for my random i'll be doing a review of a tv-series I've been enjoying so, thankyou catch up tomorrow and... Byeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment